Every place needs space. Walls are a natural way to create division and privacy, but they can also be bland and stark. Drywall partitioning is a versatile way to add interest and style to any space. With an expert drywall partitioning service, it’s easy to get creative with colour, texture, and patterns. At Cape Ceilings & Drywalling, we’ve been helping customers improve their space functionality with our quality drywall partitioning services. Read below to learn more about drywall partitioning.
What Is Drywall Partitioning?
Drywall partitioning is one of the most common space-dividing techniques. Because of drywall’s high versatility, ease of application, and longevity, this material has become a staple in almost every household and commercial space.
Drywall is a type of wallboard made of gypsum, a highly fire-resistant material. People were reluctant to replace their plaster walls with drywall in earlier years. It was not until World War II, when the shortage of labourers became significant, that people started relying on drywall instead of plasters.
Types of Drywalling
Drywall is classified depending on its structure and framework. Currently, we offer two different types of drywall partitioning systems:
- Simple: A simple drywall partition structure means the wall comprises a single layer of drywall with a basic framework. A simple drywall structure is sufficient for essential functions; however, it is not as durable as reinforced drywall.
- Reinforced: Reinforced drywall is made up of a metal frame with a double layer of drywall on each side. This type of drywall is more durable and provides better soundproofing than a simple drywall partitioning structure.
Different Types of Drywall Materials
There are different types of drywall materials, each with advantages and disadvantages.
Regular drywall is what you commonly see in most homes. The most common drywall size used by many people is 1200mm x 2400mm; however, the length of regular drywall varies widely as you can use it for minor repairs and major renovations. On average, the thickness of a regular drywall sheet is 12.5mm.
All types of drywall have some degree of soundproofing quality. Soundproof drywall, however, is denser and composed of gypsum, polymers, and wood fibre to significantly reduce noise transmission. Soundproofing drywall partitioning is ideal in productivity spaces, such as a home office, workplace, or study room.
Although gypsum is a very heat-resistant material, specialized fire-resistant drywall can add additional fire protection to your home. Fire-resistant drywall contains some fibreglass which further slows the progress of the fire. In the market, you can find two types of fire-resistant drywall: Type C and Type X.
Probably the newest addition to the drywall market, VOC-absorbing drywall is designed to capture chemicals and other volatile organic compounds. VOCs are emitted by building materials and cleaning and maintenance products we use regularly. This specialized Drywall absorbs these chemicals and traps them, making them inert.
Mould-resistant Drywall Partitioning
Mould-resistant drywall is ideal in places with high moisture and humidity levels, such as the bathroom and kitchen. This drywall is coated with wax or a fibreglass mesh, preventing or slowing down the mould’s growth and development.
Advantages of Drywalling
As mentioned, drywall wasn’t the crowd favourite when it was first introduced. However, this durable material has slowly gained popularity and become a staple in every interior space because of its many advantages.
One of the main advantages of drywall is that it can be installed using the dry construction technique. This installation process doesn’t require wetting the material, significantly reducing the chances of destroying or shrinking the drywall. Furthermore, this technique is significantly faster than the traditional ‘wet construction’ method.
Speed of Installation
Drywall can be quickly installed, which is a significant advantage if you work on a tight schedule or budget. The dry construction technique further reduces the installation time as it doesn’t require wetting the material.
Drywall is much lighter than its plasterboard counterpart, making it easier and more convenient to transport and install. As a lightweight material, drywalls are often inexpensive to ship, reducing the installation cost. Although drywalls are lightweight compared to other wall partitioning materials, drywall could last for decades with proper maintenance.
Drywall is a highly versatile material that homeowners can use in various ways. You can use drywall to create custom wall designs, such as curved walls, coffered ceilings, and niches. With drywall, you can create any design you want with minimal structural limitations.
Drywall offers a clean and seamless look that can easily be painted or wallpapered. The smooth surface of drywall is ideal for painting as there are no cracks or crevices that could disrupt the paint job. You can also install any wallpaper on the drywall, as the material provides an excellent foundation for the adhesive.
We Are the Construction Experts You Can Trust
Cape Ceilings & Drywall Partitioning is a trusted name in the construction industry. We have been providing quality services for more than 30 years, and we have the experience and expertise needed to handle any project, big or small.
We specialize in ceilings and partitions and offer a wide range of services, such as drywall installation, suspended ceilings, cornices, bulkheads, rhino board ceilings, and much more. We only use the best materials and products on the market to ensure that our clients get the best value for their money.
Furthermore, we only work with experienced and qualified contractors to ensure that the job is done right the first time. We understand that ceilings and partitions are a significant investment, and we want our clients to find satisfaction in our service.
To ensure customer satisfaction, our team follows a simple yet effective process:
- Consultation: The first step is to schedule a consultation with one of our experts. We will visit your property to assess the project and provide you with a detailed quote. This consultation is obligation-free, and you are under no obligation to use our services.
- Design and planning: Once you have decided to use our services, we will start the design and planning process. Our team will work closely with you to create a custom solution that meets your specific needs and requirements.
- Installation: The next step is to install the ceiling or partition. We only work with experienced and qualified contractors to ensure that the job is done right the first time.
- After-sales service: We offer a warranty on all our services to ensure customer satisfaction. The length of the service warranty varies depending on the project. Moreover, if you’re unsatisfied with the final product, you may call us to schedule a free inspection, and we will make the necessary changes to ensure that you’re happy with the results.
What Sets Us Apart?
Many construction companies offer ceilings and partitions in Western Cape, but not all of them excel in their craft. AWe’re all action tape Ceilings & Drywall Partitioning with fewer promises. We’re committed to providing our clients with the best possible service and products that exceed their expectations. Here are some of the reasons why we stand out in the competition:
- Certified technicians: All our technicians are accredited and qualified to handle any ceiling or partition. We only look for the best of the best to give you the outcome that you desire.
- Extensive knowledge of interior construction: Our team has more than 30 years of experience in the construction industry. We have worked on many construction projects, no matter the size. Over the years, we have perfected our craft to deliver the best possible results.
- Years of expertise: We have been in the business for many years and have worked on different interior construction projects. This has allowed us to gain a wealth of knowledge and experience to help our clients achieve the outcome they want and help them discover their interior preferences.
- Affordable rates: We offer competitive rates without compromising the quality of our work. We understand that not everyone has the same budget, so we offer various services to meet your specific needs and requirements.
- Customer-driven services: we believe you are the boss at cape Ceiling & Drywall Partitioning; our team will work closely with you to ensure that the final product meets your specific requests. Our mission is to help bring your visions to life.
Contact Cape Ceilings & Drywalling For Fuss-free Interior Partitioning
Are you planning to renovate your office or home? If you’re looking for a construction company to help you with interior partitioning, then we have your back! At Cape Ceilings & Drywall Partitioning, we have helped countless homeowners realize their dream homes and entrepreneurs achieve their ideal office space.
Our extensive list of services includes the installation of ceilings, drywall partitioning, and more. Our team of certified technicians can handle any interior construction project you have in mind. We have everything for everyone.
Ready to get started? Call us at (087) 711-0229 to schedule a free consultation! by completing our online form, you also reach our team to request a free project quote.